In study tips

My Favourite Study Music

Black and white photo of a desk, with a laptop, pencil pot and lever arch file on it. A method from a chemistry experiment has been copied from the laptop to a piece of paper, which rests on the file.




So, I’m currently on study leave for my AS exams (had one yesterday, only six to go!) and while my house is pretty quiet at the moment, I’ve gotten used to listening to music while I study. At my college it’s always noisy in my free periods and so blocking the distractions out with something more soothing is often the only way I can get anything done. I mainly use movie soundtracks or classical piano - I find it impossible to focus on my work when there’s singing - but finding decent playlists can be difficult, so I've compiled a selection of my favourite things to study to:

For making revision notes or doing past papers

For marking my work or doing maths work

I find that I can listen to a wider variety of things when I'm not thinking about what words to write, so whenever I do maths or am marking something - or even copying out methods - I tend to listen to more upbeat music. For reading or writing, it has to be gentle and simple and slow, hence all the piano. Movie soundtracks are especially good as they're already designed to be played in the background; they don't demand attention like songs with vocals do.

What are your favourite songs to study to? Can you study with the music you normally listen to, or does it have to be something completely different?


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Theme by Free Blogger Templates (below photos and newsletter are not mine). Powered by Blogger.