In misc. updates

Hi!

So, I've started a blog.

Not sure what I'll write about, or how good it'll be, but everything has to start somewhere, right? I figured since I can be a pretty boring person it would be a good way to make me seem more interesting. When I attended a Medlink exhibition last year they went on about starting a blog in order to impress employers and universities and, while I doubt this will be dedicated solely to writing about medical advances, it's a good way of demonstrating that my writing abilities didn't go completely out of the window when I dropped English Literature.

I'm probably going to post about random things that interest me, or things that have been helping me study. It would be nice to also write about things more focused on my ideal career, but until I reach the EPQ next year I'm not sure I'll have much to say. Next year I'll also be going through the university application process, so I will very likely document that. If I keep this up.

Even though I'll probably do an 'About Me' post at some point in the future, I might as well introduce myself a bit now:
  • I'm not called Catherine (as the blog title says)
  • I'm currently about to sit my AS exams, in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics
  • I'm very interested in the human body and in particular genetics; anything on the cellular/molecular level is really exciting to me (learning about transcription and translation of DNA was literally the best part of this school year for me, to think that at any moment your DNA could be unzipped and being copied is so cool!)
  • I'm undiagnosed, but still 99% confident that I'm autistic, and I realised this at some point last year
  • I'm a workaholic, but also a massive procrastinator, which can lead to some pretty nasty stressing! But I'm working on it
  • I have two beautiful squishy guinea pigs who sound like car alarms
  • I have a really bad phobia of spiders
  • My current favourite song is 'She's My Collar' by Gorillaz
I'm not totally sure what this will become just yet, but I'm hopeful it'll be good. There's nothing here yet to support or subscribe to, so I won't ask for that (plus that's not the point - this is for myself more than anything), but hopefully there will be something worth coming back to here soon. 

Bye!

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Theme by Free Blogger Templates (below photos and newsletter are not mine). Powered by Blogger.