In updates

Summer 2017 Update + My AS Results!

A field of rapeseed


Hi, guys!

Just a quick update to let you all know what I'm up to, and what my AS Level results were! I went to collect them this morning, and I was thrilled to find out I got 3 As (in Biology, Chemistry and Maths). I even managed to get 100 UMS in one of my Maths modules! Looks like I won't be needing any resits to boost my Maths grade next year, and even though my Chemistry and Biology didn't exactly matter, it's nice to do well in them too. I really badly screwed up a few questions as well!

In other news, I've managed to develop a chest infection from my work experience in a hospital a few weeks ago, so I'm on antibiotics and resting up now. Would people like to see a 'What I've Learnt' post about my work experience shadowing the doctors? It's definitely been an eye opener into the world of medicine for me.

I'm working hard at a Histology course with The Open University, to have another thing to talk about on my personal statement. I've upgraded it to give myself some extra time, but there are tons of free courses in different fields if you check out the edX website. I'd really recommend you check them out if you're looking for ways to stand out to universities, although you should take the course duration and expected workload with a pinch of salt (my course is NOT 3 hours a week!).

My recommended reading is also ticking along slowly, I've got about 12 chapters left, but I'm getting there. I've also been treating myself to some reading I actually want to do - I've read 'Animal Farm' and am part way through '1984' now. '1984' is making me feel all kinds of weird and I'm enjoying how scary some of the more existential commentaries are.

The personal statement is as slow and difficult as ever, but I'm working on it. I'm avoiding looking at any online to try not to be influenced, but it's tough to write when you're not sure if you're doing well. And work is, well, work.

How is your holiday going? Have you been doing anything fun? Let me know if a post about medical work experience sounds interesting by voting on the poll I have running in the sidebar. Also, if you have any other post suggestions, let me know in the comments! I'm all ears.


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Theme by Free Blogger Templates (below photos and newsletter are not mine). Powered by Blogger.